♥ Good-bye for now, Olympics, see you in 2 years! This sweet post of Olympic-sized inspiration that comes through in small, unselfish acts was just the tonic I needed to wrap up the London Games.
♥ Sam read this article out loud, about an unexpected encounter in a Portland coffeeshop. Read on until the end — it’s worth it.
♥ Kitty cams revealing the inner lives and habits of our heretofore mysterious felines? I am sure someone will pay for this.
♥ Sam sent me this post about a little toy bookmobile, with wonderful close-up photos. Ah, nostalgia never looked so cute.
♥ And we end on a special note, a NY Public Library site highlighting pics of people reading books on public transit. This makes me think of when I was living and working in the UAE, and a story I heard about a student who had visited Australia and been amazed by so many people reading in public, where “everyone is friends with a book.” x 100
- Boise Library to Put Bookmobile Service Up on Blocks (boiseweekly.com)
- Meet The Staff – Bookmobile Manager (henricolibrary.wordpress.com)
- Ending up with the good (jsnoekbrown.wordpress.com)
- Book Spine Poetry: Your Turn (brainpickings.org)
- In sign of the times, digital bookmobile to make stops in the state (boston.com)