It’s been quite a long, super-intense work week, so here’s a little peek into how I’ve been “decompressing” after work…
♥ … by laughing and doing a little shoulder-dancing myself to this “stealth disco” prank this teacher pulled on unsuspecting students. Epically awesome, and quite sweet. (Dude in the navy sweater’s got skills. He’s my fave.)
♥ … by reminiscing over my own childhood love of Choose Your Own Adventure books while reading this piece about that series, then and now.
But the formula and plot lines of the old CYOAs are not just fodder for nostalgia [...] a look back at some of the books reminds us, also, of the power they gave us as kids, to make some unprecedented choices, for once in our young lives! Also, they were plain and simple kind of awesome, fast-paced reads.
♥ … by gasping at this “flying” carpet in the Sacramento International Airport, featuring a woven aerial view of the Sacramento River.
♥ … by burning through (hee hee) every post of Suri’s Burn Book, a highly satirical take on celebrities and their babies, through the persona of Suri Cruise. Snarky and hilarious, one of my favorite combos.
- Jason Shiga’s amazing choose-your-own-adventure comic Meanwhile is now out as… (soup.c3o.org)
- Nostalgia Alert: Choose Your Own Adventure Books Now in Digital Form [Books] (jezebel.com)
- Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Ads – The Kate Spade Swimwear Launch is Interactive (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
- Teachers At Massachusetts High School Pull Spectacular Stealth Disco Prank on Unsuspecting Students [Video] (gawker.com)
- 8-bit Mad Men Choose Your Own Adventure looks awesome, is awesome (video) (engadget.com)
- Bella Quiz: Fancy Hairstylist or Hemingway Character? (bellasugar.com)